Get a Library Card
All Texas Residents are encouraged to apply for a free library card which must be renewed each year,
- Applicants must provide a photo ID and proof of their current mailing address.
- Minor applicants (under 18) must be accompanied by the person who accepts responsibility for any fees or payments for lost or damaged items. This person must be a TPML cardholder.
- Previously issued card should be retained for re-activation upon renewal.
- Expired account and all family member accounts must be in good standing to renew.
A $2.00 replacement fee will be assessed if card is lost.
Visitors with permanent addresses outside of Texas are eligible to apply for a free non-resident card account which is good for four (4) months.
- Non-resident applicants must provide photo ID with permanent mailing address. In addition, if applicant receives mail locally, proof of this local address must be presented.
- Previously issued card should be retained for re-activation upon renewal. Non-resident cardholders must renew their cards in person.
- Expired account and all family member accounts must be in good standing.
- The TexShare Card Program is a reciprocal borrowing program. It is designed to allow the registered users of participating institutions to borrow materials directly from the libraries of other participating institutions.
- TPML cardholders are eligible to register for a TexShare Card after at least three months of activity on their account that established a record of observing library policies. A TexShare Card will not be issued to a member with unpaid fees.
- If a lending library reports that a borrower has lost books or failed to pay fines, TPML will take appropriate action, including suspension of borrowing privileges and revocation the TexShare Card.